A further 18 new products have been entered the list of ‘Drugs for which Discount is Not Deducted’ (DND) in Part II of the Drug Tariff on 1 November, following applications made by the PSNC.
This takes the number of products added to the DND list by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) in the last 18 months to over 400.
The latest list of products include Aciclovir 200mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free, Acitretin 25mg capsules and Strattera 4mg/1ml oral solution.
The DND list is updated monthly by the DHSC and includes grouped and individual items, the latter being separately listed in Part II of the Drug Tariff. Any items covered by the ‘Group Items’ heading are not listed again individually in Part II.
See here to see a list of all the monthly changes to the DND status of products.
Pharmacists can also check the Actual Medicinal Product (AMP) listing on Dictionary of Medicines and Devices (dm+d) to identify whether a product meets the DND criteria.
The full list of 18 individual items for which the discount deduction scale will no longer apply:
- Acetylcysteine 2g/10ml solution for infusion ampoules
- Aciclovir 200mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free
- Aciclovir 400mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free
- Acitretin 25mg capsules
- A-CYS 600mg effervescent tablets
- Albunorm 5% solution for infusion 100ml bottles
- Alpro Organic Soya Original milk
- Alpro Organic Soya Wholebean Unsweetened milk
- Aprepitant 125mg capsules and Aprepitant 80mg capsules (combination pack)
- Arachis oil 130ml enema
- Aspirin 150mg suppositories
- Atropine 1% eye drops
- Atropine 3mg/10ml solution for injection pre-filled syringes
- Emend 125mg and 80mg capsules (combination pack)
- Emend 125mg oral powder sachets
- Solian 400 tablets
- Strattera 4mg/1ml oral solution
- Zovirax 200mg/5ml oral suspension