In response to the government’s announcement to vaccinate millions more people this flu season, LloydsPharmacy has launched a campaign to help encourage people to protect themselves, their communities and the NHS this winter.
The new ‘community immunity’ campaign focuses on educating more people about the effects of flu as well as encouraging them to pre-book their vaccination to help protect themselves and those around them.
“In recent months, we’ve seen community spirit grow stronger, and we wanted to create a campaign that hones in on that sense of togetherness,” said Deep Patel, vaccination services manager at LloydsPharmacy.
“With flu and Covid-19 soon to be co-circulating, we need people to get a flu jab to protect themselves and stop the virus spreading so that together we can safeguard the NHS and help to save lives this winter. We believe our campaign will help to increase uptake and support the government’s target of immunising more people than ever before this flu season.”
Working alongside the NHS, the pharmacy multiple is taking steps to ensure it is administering the vaccination in a Covid-safe environment, including:
1. Booking appointments in advance to prevent unnecessary queuing or waiting in areas where social distancing may prove difficult
2. Asking patients to fill in any necessary forms before visiting the pharmacy
3. Pharmacy colleagues wearing the appropriate PPE
4. Leaving the consultation room door open to aid air flow
5. Cleaning the consultation room after every appointment
The pharmacy chain expects to see a 50 per cent increase in the uptake of the flu vaccination this year across its 1,400 pharmacies.